- Select Language:
What are the common types of Facial Implants?
- Nose implants – Rhinoplasty
- Chin implants – to improve the length, projection and width (if desired)
- Cheek implants – for more prominent cheekbones
- Paranasal implants – to address deep nasolabial (laugh) folds
- Jaw implants – for stronger jaw definition
What are the implants made of?
There are a few different materials which implants are made of, they are all biocompatible. I most commonly use Silicone or Medpor implants.
How long does the procedure take?
Depending on the type of implant, the surgery usually takes between 30 to 90 minutes.
Is there visible scarring?
I insert the implants from internal approaches (eg. from inside the mouth). This leaves no external scars.
What is the recovery time?
Depending on the type of implant, most of our patients return to work within 1-2 weeks.